2.13.2014

Treasures Found


It's too bad I haven't taken one darn picture in months and months except for what exists in my iPhone library (and instagram of course). I'm thinking of getting a different camera- one that has an actual viewfinder, so I might be more inclined to take more pictures in the near future. But it's also been stupidly cold and windy lately...another reason to stay inside and avoid adventuring. But! This three-day-weekend I'll be going to Whitefish with two bestbests to ski and maybe even take a tiny winter trip up to Glacier. The picture above is from of my trips to the Northern Cascades this summer. Daydreaming of light and warmth these days... But I'm so excited to be escaping Missoula for a bit, especially since it's so close to Valentine's Day, something I've been unnecessarily anxious about for the past week. But to remedy some of this anxiety, we're gathering all the single girls to cook a fancy dinner and of course drink copious amounts of wine. I think it'll do the trick.

Some treasures I've been liking lately:

This book, which has been bringing me loads of inspiration and solace in the mud I find myself stuck in sometimes, as well as this short story a friend found in an issue of The New Yorker.

This song, this song and this song.

And finally, hoping to make THIS pizza as soon as possible.

Happy three-day weekend to all the cool cats out there. I'm gonna try hard again and again to get back to this space. Oh, and happy love-day! Hold those friends close and toast to all the happiness you can discover in the dark and lonely spots hidden inside of love's weird folds and creases.

2 comments:

  1. i JUST made a pizza with a friend of mine with roasted butternut squash on it. it was SO GOOD.
    i hope you continue to photograph and share on this space. i've enjoyed your posts in the past and know that whatever new things you'd have to bring would be inspiring and lovely! cheers, emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i've been meaning to read that book, i keep hearing about it! thanks for the nudge :)

    ReplyDelete