12.16.2013

Too Long






I haven't been here all semester. The busy-ness got in the way. So here's the life update: Finals ended last week and today is officially my first day of winter vacation. I will be relaxing/baking/reading /running/skiing/snowshoeing/knitting/eating until January 3 when my first set of classroom observation begins for my English education major. But until then, I hope to enjoy some more snow in the Missoula valley and maybe even a few adventures out into the woods of Montana to do some winter camping. I've been so lousy about taking pictures so these are just a few from my instagram

Like I mentioned in my last post (too many months ago), this blog has been a bit intimidating to rediscover. It used to be a place where Nate and I shared how we lived our lives together. But now that together is no longer an aspect of our relationship, the blog feels a little broken. But I'm going to try to come back, make it my own, talk about my experiences I've had for the last few months, and focus on all the good that's come out of what I thought for so long was only shrouded in sadness. Because really, I've learned a lot. About myself. And my friends and family. But especially loneliness. And how loneliness can really help a girl out.

Anyway, the pictures are pretty self explanatory: It's been cold. And I've been eating grapefruit. And listening to a lot of Iron and Wine since I saw him at the Wilma in November (and also pretty obsessed with Volcano Choir.)

Ok, for realsies, I'm coming back to this place. I'll work on making it a little less broken, and in the process, hopefully help myself be a little less broken too.

- K

1 comment: