4.02.2012

A Brand New Day


April 2nd. No more pranks; no more fooling around; a lot more Ultimate. Tonight was the first week of Missoula Ultimate Spring League, and I must say, it was a wonderful night. The weather was kind and the games were close. I must admit, for my team, defeat in this first week, but I have a strong suspicion that we will soon become a top contender, vying for the "trophy" come May 21st. I say "trophy" rather than trophy because there is no "actual" trophy. This is, after all, the $40-entrance-fee-Missoula-Ultimate-Spring-Leage-we-all-know-and-love. However -- ahem -- as a defending champion myself (a proud member of 2011's Skidmark Horde), I can personally confirm the reality that is a gift of 72 virgins to the champion team (Or maybe we won glow-in-the-dark discs. . .). Anywhoozle, the time has come for me (and you too, Dear Reader), to start running hard, cutting deep, and, most importantly, thinking up some creative (and vulgar) post-game cheers.

p.s. Whew, that was a lot of parentheses and hyphens. ( - )







- N

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! And yes, last night was wonderful. Especially considering the history of spring league and the fact it is almost religion that it will snow or sleet or otherwise be filthy weather the first week of Spring League. After the game I stood around and ejoyed a PBR watching the pink glow of the sunset off the snow-capped peaks surrounding us...a slice of heaven.

    ReplyDelete