7.15.2012

My First Tri

I woke up to a stormy morning on the lake, watching waves on the water. I had done many glassy-top practices but had no experience with windy water. And unfortunately, the actual swimming was more terrifying than I originally expected. Every time I lifted my head to take a breath, a new wave would swallow my face, leaving me gasping. As a result, the first quarter mile was reached only through sloppy side stroke and doggy paddle.  No worries though- I did complete the swim leg, and the bike and run thereafter. For my very first tri, I was super happy. And I was lucky enough to have a bunch of family and friends cheering me on.

ImageImageImage

Photos taken by my beautiful sister.

- K

6 comments:

  1. this is so impressive! congrats, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, congrats. A tri and a half-marathon (or..full) have always been some of my goals. This is so inspiring!!

    www.eatblogpray.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, grandgirl!!!1 You are amazing!!!!!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete