9.30.2012

Plum Days

I found some time to make a Plum Compote this weekend. Nate's parents have two big plum trees and they sent a bunch of fruit with us to Oregon. But it was just too much to get through so I decided to make a sweet and sour ice cream topping. Just plums + 1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup sugar + dash of cinnamon. Super easy. Oh, and I made a carrot cake for a friend's birthday celebration too! 

But the best news for this weekend: the smoke is finally clearing. When I wake up in the morning I can actually see beautiful blue sky. And clouds and sun and airplanes too. I missed the sky quite a bit. It is so nice to have it back. 




- K

2 comments:

  1. and... it was the very best birthday cake ever. thank you so much, dear! it was clear again today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks amazing and so does the carrot cake!
    thanks for the linkage.

    ReplyDelete