1.25.2013

Complete



35,000 some stitches later, I finally finished the Hudson Bay Blanket for Nate's birthday. If it wasn't for the crazy long winter break we had, I wouldn't have had the patience or time to finish the entire thing. Despite the monotony of making a blanket I found it quite relaxing because of the lack of concentration it required to knit row after row while watching a movie or listening to music. I ended up making all the stripes the same color and I really like the way it turned out and even though it's technically a crib blanket it's just perfect for sitting on the couch. 

- K

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Great job...! I love the colors. What kind of wool did you use? Ah I think I'm going to finish my huge scarf/blanket now... It's so nice to drape something handmade around your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the beige yarn is called "fisherman's wool" i think. i can't remember what the blue was.

      Delete
  2. I CANNOT believe you made that. I bet there's love in every single stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well since Nate still sleeps in a crib, it should work out swimmingly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hip, hip, kelty girl! this is one of your very bests. now tell your damn thumb to hurry on up and heal, so that you may get back on the proverbial saddle... that is, one made of dyed yarn and knitting needles attached.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL. so amazing. how many hours do you estimate this took?
    I can't believe someones' hands could form something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, that's gorgeous! I've been struggling over a scarf-like mess, I can't imagine a blanket! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! The colors are great. Your blog is so nice, and your header is so creative!

    ReplyDelete