1.11.2013

Little Makings


Yesterday, a foot of snow fell here. Bouncy, fluffy white replaced the icy layer that's been stagnant for the last few weeks. It's nice to have everything in white again. So, the occasion for sledding today has arisen and a group of us will be packing our hats and mittens to slide the slopes. In the meantime this last week, I've worked on a few small projects. A friend taught me how to make macarons a few days ago and oh my, they've been so good. I've been working on this blanket for some time now and decided to take a break and make this fun hat. A blog I admire very much helped me find the pattern. Hoping life is swell with all who come to this space of ours. Happy weekend!

- K

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty hat, looks nice and warm! You'll need it with all the snow. I hope it snows here... Temperatures suddenly dropped and they've been predicting snow all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the detail in these winter photos. That frosted window is really cool! And nice job on your new hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hat is amazing!
    I can't believe you made that with your two hands.
    be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gah i love this post! the hat, the macarons, the blanket you linked to... i just have to make it now for my canadian bub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel like if i learned to make macaroons it'd be game over. i'd get diabetes in a WEEK. and ugh lucky, all that glorious snow. i've been waiting to sled for MONTHS

    ReplyDelete