6.14.2012

Lake Night, Post Rain

I've spent every summer since I can remember at Hayden Lake. And now that I'm here with my family, the days feel right again. This past year I've learned that college messes with what's right and flips your world upside down, especially when it comes to spending time with family. So the weeks at Hayden will be for settling into the familiar mold of the past summer feelings. Even after being here only a day, the familiar smells and sounds come rushing back. Dipping my toes in the cold June water, smelling cedar and fresh cut grass...it all just feels so right again.

ImageImageImage

P.S. I am officially in the middle of training season for RATPOD (130 mile bike ride) and the Missoula Half Marathon. And if I wasn't already crazy enough, I'm seriously considering registering for my first sprint triathlon in the middle of July. It's all pretty great but I just hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew...

- K

3 comments:

  1. You'll do it, my wonderful granddaughter!!!!! And you'll do well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the b&w bug... beautiful shots! Good luck on all of that training, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, thank you! your most recent black and white series is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete