9.18.2012

Busying

Between poetry class and Spanish I experimented with lunch- an exceptionally successful experiment at that. Half a bagel with cream cheese, tomato, salami and some fennel I caramelized in oil and bit of honey. Sweet and salty together and so so tasty. 

There's quite a bit to think about this week. First exams are coming up and we spent this whole last weekend playing in an Ultimate Frisbee tournament here in Missoula. So we've been spending late nights catching up on homework. The Head and the Heart concert is tomorrow night and I'm just so excited! And to top it off, Nate and I are road-tripping to Bend, Oregon this weekend. We're participating in an Adventure Race. A 12 hour-four person-mountain biking-trail running-kayaking Adventure. It's going to be quite the experience. It's been a whole month of classes so far, so we are in dire need of a good adventure in the forest.  


- K

8 comments:

  1. well, I'm sure glad you found my blog so I could find yours! seriously. my husband keeps trying to convince me to move to Montana and your pictures are kinda convincing me. oh, and have fun at the head and the heart! love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. montana sure is a beautiful place to live. and head and the heart was just the best. i loved every minute of it. thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. that lunch looks scrumptious! Lesson learned: It never hurts to experiment! Have fun on your adventure this weekend- sound like hard work and fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had anything but dried fennel, so I was wondering what topped your sandwich. I love poetry, Spanish and ultimate frisbee. It sounds like you have a busy but enjoyable schedule and good luck with your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wasn't too sure at all about the fennel sandwich but it really was tasty. yes, my schedule is a little crazy but i think i'm happier when i'm this busy :)

      Delete
  4. wow, lovely combination. caramelized fennel sounds so daring and autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would never think to try that, but I just might have to now! This post makes me wish I was still in school... I miss fall semesters in Missoula! Sounds like you're making the most of everything!

    ReplyDelete